Posted By: terrib Prayers for Callie & Don - 08-31-2012 03:19 AM
I heard from Callie and she wrote. . . "Don isn't doing well. He's in the final stages of life. They're giving him a couple of days." Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers. Callie is so young, with 2 small children to be going through this.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 08-31-2012 09:27 AM
Oh Terri, I'm glad Callie contacted you. I too have been concerned for her and her family. This just sucks. I really hate this awful disease and what it does to some. I will continue to say prayers for them and keep them in my thoughts.
Tammy
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 08-31-2012 02:49 PM
Prayers being said... frown
Posted By: kenswife Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 08-31-2012 03:56 PM
So heartbreaking. Prayers for them all.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 08-31-2012 04:31 PM
I pray for comfort and peace for Don in his last days of this life, and I pray for strength and support for Callie and her family as they deal with this tragic loss.

Donna
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 08-31-2012 07:44 PM
God Bless your family.
Posted By: dcferree Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-02-2012 03:14 PM
Don passed away this morning, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-02-2012 05:27 PM
Oh my god... So sorry - my condolences... frown
Posted By: julieann Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-02-2012 05:45 PM
I'm so very sorry, Callie, and sending prayers your way. Know that Don is at peace now and his suffering and pain are over. May God confort you during this most horrible time in your life.
julieann
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-02-2012 07:16 PM
Callie - I'm so, so sorry to hear of Don's passing. Sending prayers and hope that you and your family can find some measure of comfort in helping each other through this sad time and that soon, there will also be moments of peace for you in remembering how special Don was in your life.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-02-2012 09:09 PM
Callie, I am very sorry to hear Don has passed away. Try to remember happier, healthier times to help ease your pain. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-02-2012 10:11 PM
I am so sorry, Callie.
Posted By: KP5 Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-03-2012 12:45 AM
Dear Callie,
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine your emptions right now. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. I pray for peace over your home in the months to follow.
Blessings,
Kathy
Posted By: aimlee311 Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-03-2012 01:06 AM
Ugh I am so so sorry to hear about your loss, Callie. I was hopeful things would go differently for Don and for your family. I hope for peace and comfort for you and your family during this terribly sad time.

Please lean on us for support when you need it. A new forum was created this summer for those of us who have lost a loved one, you will always be welcome here.

Thinking of you...

Amy
Posted By: Kerri Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-03-2012 03:10 AM
Dear Callie,

It breaks my heart to hear this news. Thank you for thinking of letting us know what happened.

I wish for you and your little ones to feel moments of peace, joy, and comfort during this incredibly sad time.

With love,
Kerri
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-03-2012 04:13 AM
Dear Callie, I am truly sorry to hear this news but glad that Don is at peace and no longer suffering. Your nightmare , I know goes on. Treasure all your memories and your lovely children. Thinking of you, Tammy.
Posted By: Maria Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-03-2012 02:29 PM
Callie,
I am do sorry to hear your news. My brother died accidentally when he was in his early thirties, and I remember watching his wife bear the grief and continue on to raise their three-year-old daughter as if it were yesterday. That was other thirty year ago, and although I still miss my brother greatly, memories of the good times come to the fore, and we all take pleasure in seeing what a fine young woman his daughter become. I will light a candle in memory of your dear Don, and pray for comfort and peace for you and your children.
Maria
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-03-2012 11:11 PM
Please except my condolences on your loss!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: zengalib Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-03-2012 11:26 PM
God bless you, Callie. You were a wonderful caregiver for Don. It is horrible when this terrible disease claims another one of our brothers or sisters.
Posted By: kenswife Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-04-2012 02:43 AM
Callie I am so sorry! Hug your children a little extra and realize Don will continue to live through them. They are here for a reason!
Posted By: slim Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-04-2012 01:44 PM
Callie, there are just no words at this difficult time to ease your hurt. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Don will live on through your children. In time may your love-filled wonderful memories together shine on. Hugs, Wanda
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-04-2012 03:02 PM
So sorry. Hate reading this...so sad. Take care and keep your head up! Keep his memories in your heart.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-06-2012 12:53 AM
Callie

So sorry for you and the children. Prayers, thoughts and hope for you in this time of tragedy & loss
Charm
Posted By: Wendy B Re: Prayers for Callie & Don - 09-06-2012 04:27 AM
Callie:
I can't even read all this thread thru my tears. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. Don's pain and suffering has ended. Yours has not. My heart breaks for you. I was a caregiver for my sister who died of breast cancer in July, 2007; then for my Dad who died of bladder cancer in May,2009; and once again for my bro-in-law who died of pancreatic cancer in April, 2010. Then....... I became the next victim in February, 2011.
It was much harder being a caregiver than being the sick one. I won't say 'time heals all wounds' cuz I really hated when people said that to me. Truth be told, many people just don't know what to say.
I still miss my family members everyday and, in fact, just this past weekend my daughters and their families were over and we were looking at old pictures. Made me cry so hard at first, then those sobs actually turned to laughter as we all remembered funny times. And, believe me, my family is crazy.
So what I'm saying, is that I've been where you are now and will do everything I can to help you thru this, should you ask. You will get thru it. For Don and especially for your little ones.
You'll be in my prayers.
-Wendy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum