Hey Everyone,

I have a bit of a long story so hopefully, you can bare with me while I explain.

In February of 2012, I started dating a woman, and it turned pretty serious in a short amount of time. At any rate, I gave her oral sex frequently, from March up until June of this year. At the beginning of May, she had advised me that she was going in for her yearly female exam, and was going to get a pap.

During the month of May, she got the results that she had high risk HPV. From that point, on I was completely worried, not for myself, but her. As I was reading into this HPV studies, etc. I noticed that oral and throat cancer can be caused by HPV. Immediately, my worry intensified.

At the end of May, I took a trip to Las Vegas, and on my last day there I developed a serious cold. My throat was sore, my sinuses were runny, then clogged, my body was tired, etc. This cold lasted for about 3 to 4 days, but I still had a sore throat for 16 days after the cold was over. The pain would switch sides from left to right.

Finally the sore throat went away. However, it seemed that right when the sore throat went away, I started to develop ear pain in my right ear. I figured that this was an ear infection, because I had been swimming in my pool a lot recently. With that said, I got OTC ear drops and started using those, to no avail.

I went to the doctors about 6 or 7 days after my ear pain, and they did a regular check on it, and told me that I had a slight ear infection. They prescribed me Amoxicillian and ear drops. I took those for 7 days, and the pain did not go away.

Let me also explain that the ear pain is not consistant, and it seems to get worse when I swallow. Also, if I close off my ear completely, and swallow the pain goes away.

After 7 days of the antibiotics, I went back to the doctor for a follow up and told them that I still had a bit of pain every now and then in my ear. She told me that she didn't see any infection this time and to continue using the drops. I did, to no avail.

Finally, I made an appointment with an ENT. I saw an audiologist first, and she told me that my hearing was perfect. I then saw the ENT, and he looked in my throat, felt around my neck, looked in my ears, and he also stuck is finger in my mouth and pushed on the back of my right side jaw, and it hurt like hell. He asked me if that hurt, and I said yes. He then pushed on the other one, and it didn't' hurt. The ENT did not explain why it hurt.

He said he couldn't find anything that would make my ear hurt, as their was no infection. He did say that my tonsils were enlarged. He looked in my nose and didn't see an infection there either.

I started to ask him about having throat cancer, and he said to me. If you were 60 or older, and drank alcohol and/or smoked, then we would do an endoscopy, but you being 29 years old, non smoker, non drinker, I don't see the need.

I have been to the dentist recently in June, and had oral cancer screen done by vesilite or whatever that light is, and that came back negative.

So in short, does this sound like something to be concerned about?