I don't post much here. I do come and read and feel not alone. I have been diagnosed with a 5th occurrence. It is on the base of my tongue on the right side, above the midline. I have been getting care from Dr T. at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. He is referring me to University of PA to talk to a doctor about Robotic surgery and then to New York to talk to a Dr Urken (spelling?) to discuss an open procedure. They tell me my options are very very limited, i cannot have anymore radiation and they are warning me of "quality of life issues". I have had radiation and chemo twice (2004 and 2010). And they say they cannot cure me of this cancer, it is going to keep coming back. And i have to be prepared that this may be my last surgery. I know what they are saying. I refuse to give up (they are not saying there is no hope), this thing will not beat me. I am scared from my toes to the top of my head. anyone out there been through this? love and hope to all of you.

scc 4/2004 r side tongue, flr of mouth.
neck disection,4 lymph nodes 34x rad,3X chemo
10/2007 r cheek. remove w/graft. 40 HBO dives.
01/2010 r cheek. surgery w/graft
04/2010,surgery remove lower right jaw, reconstruct. 4x chemo 25x rad. clear margins. pet 8/2010 clear
July 2012 right side bot cancer. surgery to remove, clear margins
4/2013 Surgery to remove cancer in lymph node near thyroid, clear margins
6/2013 start of rad 25X Chemo 7X