It is hard to believe 5 1/2 weeks have passed since treatment ended, the time is flying by!! Everyone is so right in that the 3 weeks after treatment are the most difficult. My husband did have the most problems during this time. Food was so nauseating, thankgoodness for the PEG. The secretions hit the max and have been improving each day making sleeping much better at night. A lot less time spent in the recliner. His neck did improve drastically once radiation ended, has looked great for a few weeks already, too bad his throat didn't heal inside as fast but it continues to improve as he is able to cut back on the Oxycodon. Thankfully he never did lose his hair but the last couple days he has mentioned his hair hurts. How strange, this is in back where the radiation exited. Must be something to do with the hair folicules and the nerves. It is so funny to watch him attempt different foods. He seems to be so cautious as he takes a bite as if he is leary of what he is putting in his mouth and looks like he is trying to figure out what it tastes like. So much for following everyone suggestions. He seems to go with what sounds good at the moment. Last week I was thrilled as the first time in two months he ate a little of what we were having, spicy chicken curry and rice. Yogurt is good, no fruit, peas ok, a breakfast sausage this morning, ice cream tonight. Bread and rolls which he always loved are impossible, totally not tasting right. He wasn't much of a pop drinker but I find him wanting Coke to drink, often stopping to pick one up at the gas station or McDonalds. It is something that tastes good to him as water and coffee don't. I can conclude that it has been a long 6-7 months since diagnosed but God has been good and He has seen us through the greatest trial we have ever faced!! I am looking forward to less doctor visits as we travel almost 3 hours to the cities. This week will be the first week in ages that we don't need to make the trip down. Looking forward to a good summer with gardening, (lots of fresh veggies), warm weather and boating. Thank you to everyone for this site and the knowledge and support it provides!!

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.