Nice to see you are checking in after finishing all your treatments. Its not easy relearning to eat regular food again. Your mouth is probably still pretty sensitive so texture will play a big role in what you can eat. You should begin to see some improvements very soon with the taste of certain foods. It will slowly get better until about the 2 year mark.

Im almost positive I already gave you the list of easy to eat foods. Check out some of the things on there as you get back to a regular eating routine. Keep trying different foods. One day something could taste horrible but next week it might be the best thing you ever have eaten. My staple foods are smooth peach yogurt, maple oatmeal, chocolate milk and cheesecake. I know you are trying to lose weight but please be very careful. Your body needs higher calories to recover. Try adding some high protein whey powder to your drinks to increase your protein intake. Protein is very important in the healing process. Ive discovered some protein shots called Proasis in the drug store. They are only 110 calories in 2.9 oz but they have 25 grams of protein. My dietitian told me these 'shots' are excellent for patients who are in recovery mode.

Congrats on finishing the treatments! Hang in there, recovery can be a long process. In a few weeks from now you will notice you will be doing much better. Keep up the good work!!!! best wishes with your continued improvements! smile

Check out the list and on page 7, post 147502 is the link to Proasis. It will take you to the item on Amazon (which in turn will give OCF a small kickback).
Easy to Eat Foods List, Porasis

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy