My husband finished treatment 3 weeks ago and has not ate in at least 6 weeks, hasn't been able to do the 20 bites a day. Saw the RO and CO this last week and both said it is now time to start eating. Easier said then done. In the last 3 days he ate almost 1/2 banana and 1 bite of soggy cereal. I know the list of easy to eat foods but it is his decision what he picks to try. Last night the 1 bite of cereal didn't agree and came up. Everything nauseates him. He has tried taking the meds but it doesn't help. No problem keeping the tube feedings down unless when his gagging episodes make him get sick. The doctors expect a huge improvement in 2 weeks, 11 days left and I don't see it happening. He wants to eat, wishes he could and even has started watching the Food Network while he does tube feedings. (Never watched it before) Has this happened to anyone else, I don't know how to turn it around. He has kept up with the swallowing exercies so things are going down ok, luckily!! Will be meeting with the swallowing therapist this week.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.