One of my oral surgeon ( who is related to me)has a nurse on his staff that is very familiar with my case history. She's taken on the challenge of researching the topic of necrosis generally, post cancer treatment necrosis, necrosis of ths skull and jaw and ultimately treatment protocols wither currently in use or under some level of evaluation.

Her goal is to weed out the obvious "experiements", identify Doctors and treatments that look somewhat promising, and explore them in greater depth.

Ultimately, we're hoping that she can narrow down any options available and try to identify something that may be worth investing time and money in pursuing it.

This entire issue has become a "challenge" both to my cousin and his staff member. I'm VERY fortunate that I have these people in my corner; if there is something viable out there, Doris will find it. She's a pretty tenacious lady.

Finger's crossed...we'll see what develops

SCC left mandible TIVN0M0 40% of jaw removed, rebuilt using fibula, titanium and tissue from forearm.June 06. 30 IMRT Aug.-Oct. 06