Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow I will be 16 weeks out from my last radiation treatment. But, I am experiencing some pain in the back corner of the left side of my tongue where my last tooth meets my tongue.

I had the partial glossectomy back at the end of September. Then, after a hot PET during pre-radiation prep, and after much discussion, they decided to go in and do a surgical biopsy to make sure that this spot on the left back corner of my tongue near my last molar, was clear. It was. No cancer, no dysplasia- just inflammation caused from the first surgery.

Now, it feels as though my tongue is still too big for my mouth- and it rests up against that back tooth still on the left side. There is a hardened groove along the tongue, where the tongue & tooth meet. There is a fairly consistent dull pain, throbs once in a while, which seems lesser than what it did before my diagnosis... But, I am worried.

I have an appt with the SO tomorrow. My first scans are not scheduled until May 31 so that the inflammation has a chance to subside.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Can tge scar tissue cause discomfort as I am describing? I am nervous, but hopeful that it is just scar tissue.

Thanks,
Sally

Sally, 38 years old
T1N0M0 Left Tongue Lesion, Moderately Differentiated
10 + year history Leukoplakia, Mild Dysplasia before cancer diagnosis 8/2011
Scheduled Partial Glossectomy & Neck Dissection 9-17-11