My husband Ronnie is 58 years old. He has been in intensive care for 14 days after oral cancer surgery. Mandibule reconstruction, large cancer under the tongue removed, bottom of tongue removed, all lymph nodes on right side removed, bone from leg used for mandibule. On April 5 back to OR for PEG. April 7 back to OR for wash out of infection on right side, drain put in. April 9 back to OR to repair flap on gum on right side.
Today, back to OR to repair chin. When the cancer was removed from the inside of the chin the skin was left too thin and skin had to be added so radation will not burn through there. He walks with a walker but not too far and he is good spirits, however when in the OR on April 7 someone fell against his leg causing intense pain for days. Now they say he has to go to a special care facility. This was never mentioned to us in all the pre op talks with the two surgery teams. Is this the normal thing to do? I am getting stressed and you folks know a lot more than me......help.

Pat Harris