OK Dan-O!

this is actually a really good path report! It's OK not to understand these things, I wish I never had to read mine and then look it all up to understand it. But it is what it is and we do what we have to.

I think the term you are referring to is this "lymphovascular space invasion" which kind of reminds me of an old video game I used to rock, but I digress. LVSI & LVI (lymphovascular involvement) are fancy terms for activity in the lymph system, so therefore yes, a neck dissection would be the proper course of action.

It is important to understand these things and it's all very confusing (it's my suspicion that the Dr's confuse themselves sometimes, but probably just the ones that went to State schools...hahaha) as lymphocytes and LVSI are going to be very different courses of treatment. Thanks for posting the Path report, where I'm not a Dr, I play one on the internet sometimes for laughs (sorry to all the misdiagnosed out there! my bad!). This is exactly the reason why I do recommend making sure to get the best advice available to you, it's just prudence.

Keep your chin up Dan and keep plugging in my friend, we are here to help! Sorry if my humor offends, I'm a hick from N. Idaho and don't always have what you'd call "social graces".

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.