Hi Everyone,
I know some of you know we are going through this. Kevin had a spot on his PET that we are looking into. I know all about the false positives, I am just trying to find the patience and peace while we ride out this waiting period. Tomorrow we have an MRI at 10:30. Then we wait to see what they think of that. If they deem necessary, the biopsy will be Wed. So far the new ENT is saying he thinks we will not need a biopsy. He doesn't want to carve up his tongue for no reason. Thus the MRI.
I need to find peace if that is the decision that is made. It is not my tongue so I can't make the decision for Kevin. If anyone has had a second biopsy done in the same spot as radiation happened, how bad was it? Was it super invasive and was the recovery long? Maybe answers to those questions will help. The ENT used terms like hacking him up for no reason, and fileting his tongue for no reason.
Any input is appreciated.
I AM breathing Eric, just want to really make an informed decision. Even though the desision is not mine to make!!
Thanks,
Kathy

Kathy wife/caregiver to:
Kevin age:53
Dx 7/15/11
HPV16+ SCC Stage IV BOT/R
Non smoker, casual drinker
7/27/11 Cistplatin, taxotere,5FU 2/3week sessions, followed by IMRT 125cgy x 60 (2x daily) w/Erbitux weekly. Last rad 10/26/11. Last Erbitux 10/27/11
PEG placed 9/1/11 Removed 11/8/11
Clear PET 10/12 and 10/13 and ct in 6/14