I guess I was sort of concerned because my MO did not order a scan for May when I saw him in February. I will see him in May, as well as my RO, but he felt that unless I noticed something different, a scan wasn't necessary this time. My RO is also of the opinion re:Cheryl that too much radiation isn't good. My surgeon (the ENT) has been pleased with my progress. He examines my neck and the inside of my mouth very carefully as well. I also see my dentist every 3-4 months and he looks at my mouth very carefully, too. My dentist was the one who originally referred me for a biopsy, so he has been very involved in my treatment. My family doctor monitors my blood pressure and my thyroid. I was just curious as to what others have experienced in follow-up care.

Female, nonsmoker, 70, diag. 5/09 after tongue biopsy: stage IV. Left hemi-gloss. and left selec. neck disec. 30 lymph nodes removed May 20. Over 7 weeks daily rads. with three chemo. PEG removed 12/4/09 Am eating mostly soft foods. Back to work 11/09 Retired 4/1/11. 7 clear scans! Port out 9/11. 2/13. It's back: base of tongue, very invasive
surgery involving lifestyle changes. 2/14: Now speaking w/Passey-Muir valve. Considering a swallow study. Grateful to be alive.