Hello to everyone! I am not an oral cancer patient at the moment, but have an ENT appt on Friday due to some nasty growths in my throat going on 9+ weeks. I am 34, female, smoker from 1997-2005, then 2008-present. I first must say that I have been lurking through past posts and if I do have a reason to be here, I couldn't ask for a better group of people. Enormous amounts of info and support! Ok now that I've buttered you up...

As I said I have several growths on my oropharynx and ex-tonsils that are slightly darker pink than their surrounds. Tonsils were removed in 1994? and it looks almost like they are growing back. Two warty looking things on each ex-tonsil (pea-sized) and similar growths on oropharynx wall, but more flat-like and long. Also some clear tiny tiny bumps all over oropharynx and uvula that I am convinced are not spit. Clear tiny blisters? They all showed up 2 weeks before Christmas and have gotten slightly worse since their debut. I had gone to urgent care November 29 for severe shortness of breath and was given albuterol in office and anxiety med. Sort of helped but I've been waking up (about 7 times now) "drowing in my own breath". Very scary. These growths extend up and down oropharynx wall and worry they are down my esophagus. Very irritating feeling and I'm constantly clearing throat. There are also white patches between ex-tonsils and teeth and pain in back right tooth as well as white lines inside cheeks. Saw an internist 3 weeks ago who said he had "no idea" and ordered blood work, failing to screen for HPV even though I asked. He ran strep (neg) and gave me 5 days steroids (no help). He then passed me off to see an ENT and a rheumy; ENT is this Friday. �
I have a history of a few genital warts on anus back in 1999 but they cleared up. Ob-gyn said it was HPV but never said which type. I am convinced this stuff in my mouth is HPV related, but I'm unsure if it is cancer until I have a biopsy. Can these growths present and it NOT be cancer? Is it likely there would be so many if it was cancer? Or is it more likely pre-cancerous? If it is not cancer, how the heck do I get rid of them? I am a straight-shooting person so don't be afraid to give me possibilities. I know none of you can diagnose, however your experiences mean everything to me right now. Any advice is greatly appreciated before I visit the ENT!
Other symptoms (briefly) include: Recent blood work shows I am hla-b27+ (seeing rheumy soon for possible spinal arthritis...a whole 'nother issue incl severe joint pain in back, wrists, ankles, knees etc); elevated hemocrit (44); sudden high blood pressure as of November (146/90...normally 110/70) and pulse is 120-126; sed rate normal. Sore in right nostril that won't heal, perhaps because I keep jabbing at it, though.�
Have had 2 sinus surgeries 2004 (deviated septum and turbinate reduction from past cocaine use...stupid!), 2008 (balloon sinuplasty for frontal sinus infection which then caused nerve damage to nose/right eye). So many more things but I'll stop for now! Thank you. � ��