When I saw theplastic Surgeon on my last visit this is what he had to say. " I have been in your mouth so many times and cutting bone away each time, that there really isn't enough left to chance it again. It's screw and plate time but I doubt very much that the bone is healthy enough to try it. Jim, you would be back here for me to remove it because it is in such bad condition." I told him if I can live this way I can take it. I hate the thought of just being able to eat thru this tube, but it has worked so far. I then asked him if he couldn't raise my lower lip so I don't look so much like a StBeranard or Sharpei with all the drool. He agreed that he can raise it some to improve the appearance for me. Now this I can handle too. I see him in April and then see we decide when and how he will give me my lip back. Rather raise it . I think fleas could hide betweem it amd my chin and no one would know until breeding season. LOL The whiskers sure grow there fast. Luv Ya all and take care and stay safe.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here