Posted By: EzJim Update - 02-07-2012 11:25 PM
When I saw theplastic Surgeon on my last visit this is what he had to say. " I have been in your mouth so many times and cutting bone away each time, that there really isn't enough left to chance it again. It's screw and plate time but I doubt very much that the bone is healthy enough to try it. Jim, you would be back here for me to remove it because it is in such bad condition." I told him if I can live this way I can take it. I hate the thought of just being able to eat thru this tube, but it has worked so far. I then asked him if he couldn't raise my lower lip so I don't look so much like a StBeranard or Sharpei with all the drool. He agreed that he can raise it some to improve the appearance for me. Now this I can handle too. I see him in April and then see we decide when and how he will give me my lip back. Rather raise it . I think fleas could hide betweem it amd my chin and no one would know until breeding season. LOL The whiskers sure grow there fast. Luv Ya all and take care and stay safe.
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Update - 02-08-2012 12:28 AM
Good to hear from ya, Jim. Good luck on that lip beautification project.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Update - 02-08-2012 02:48 AM
wink glad yer trucking along! Is your infection gone?
Posted By: Gabe Re: Update - 02-08-2012 07:27 AM
It is so wonderful to hear from you Jim.
Sorry that they feel that they cannot go ahead with the planned surgery and hope you are OK with this?
Glad to see that they can do some surgery to make you look and feel a little bit more comfortable.
Love and hugs to you Jim and keep us updated. You have been missed wink Angel G
Posted By: wendys Re: Update - 02-08-2012 04:53 PM
Great to hear from you Jim, Sorry the plan has taken some turns. I have missed reading your words of wisdom and humor.

WendyS
Posted By: julieann Re: Update - 02-08-2012 06:15 PM
HE'S BACK! Glad you're back with us, Jim, and knowing you, especially how stubborn you can be, I'm sure you'll manage with this latest setback and pretty soon have your new smile. Keep us informed because EVERYONE loves hearing from you.
julieann
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Update - 02-08-2012 07:17 PM
Good to see you posting again Jim. Best wishes with everything you are going thru!
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Update - 02-08-2012 10:38 PM
It's been a while & I've been worried about you. Glad to see you posting again. Good luck with everything you're facing.

Marlene
Posted By: Maria Re: Update - 02-08-2012 11:33 PM
Hi, Jim
I'm glad to hear your surgeon will help with the lip droop - must be annoying as heck. Hugs and best wishes!
Maria
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Update - 02-09-2012 01:05 AM
Jim

We missed you buddy (although Christine kept us updated), as there is no substitute for your posts. You are tough so being on the tube won't be so bad, heck I've been doing it three years now and if I can do it, it would almost just be a walk in the park for someone who has endured all that you have. Okay, a really crappy depressing park. Hope you strut out of it soon.
Charm
Posted By: ngk Re: Update - 02-09-2012 02:39 AM
yes nice to see your post and will keep my eyes out for more updates to come.
Posted By: EricS Re: Update - 02-09-2012 02:54 AM
Jim, we have missed you my friend. You're my example of what tough as nails means to me buddy, holy hell.
Posted By: Kerri Re: Update - 02-09-2012 06:44 AM
Hi, Jim!

Thanks for keeping us posted. We're all pulling for you. I'm glad that you have found some acceptance around the disappointing outcome. I just hope that you're not in agonizing pain any more. Did that get better? I am glad that something can be planned to help with your lower lip droop. That's got to be annoying, but you do have a good sense of humour about it!

Keep on fighting and winning!
xoxo,
Kerri
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Update - 02-09-2012 02:38 PM
Hi, Jim,

It is good to hear from you as you have been in my thoughts, too. You have the best attitude and you continue to find humor in the toughest situations. I love that about you! I wish that you could have had the surgery you wanted but I am amazed at your resilience in accepting things as the must be for now. Hang in there and keep posting.

Love,
Anita
Posted By: EzJim Re: Update - 02-09-2012 11:33 PM
LOL I knew yoou would have the right words Charm. Ihave been using you and Christine as role modeld and just have to live up to pur expectations. Oh for warm weather so I can get outside and work some. Do you and Christine heve these extra thick mucous bouts in your mouths and throats? That stuff is too thick for the suction machine to suck out all of the time.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Update - 02-10-2012 12:16 AM
Oh, Jim, it is just so -o-o-o great to see you back, here and posting again!! You have a way of bringing smiles to all of us!
Posted By: klo Re: Update - 02-10-2012 07:08 AM
So, you are having lip-o-suction Jim? smile
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Update - 02-10-2012 07:50 PM
Lip-o-suction.... good one!!! It's good to see you back posting again, Jim. Sorry you couldn't have the operation you wanted but so glad that you're willing and ready to move on. Spring will be here soon so you can get outside! Keep up the great spirit... I sure hope you are uplifted from this website as much as you lift the spirits of everyone else here. Take care...the angels are watching you!
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Update - 02-10-2012 08:02 PM
Jim

I do have extra thick mucous all the time, so much so that I have to use a toothbrush three times a day to just scrape it out, plus I often just put my finger in wrapped in a tissue to pull out the nasty sticky stuff. Plus I rinse and spit a lot with just plain water as this stuff is even impervious to seltzer water unlike the first time around mucous.
Amazingly, I've just gotten used to it. And right back at you Jim on the role model thing, because your perseverance and fortitude with all your surgeries and complications makes me think I can do this too.
Keep the Faith
Charm
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Update - 02-10-2012 11:47 PM
Hi, Good to read your posts again, hope all goes well for you and keep us informed. Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: EzJim Re: Update - 02-12-2012 11:34 PM
KLO< I like the way you put it. Lip-o-suction. LOL Too bad it can't be a lip lock like the older days. Charm, I do the same as you do with mu finger and tissue. It gets hard when driving down the highway with a throart full of the preset concrete, I let them look and do my thing tho. Thanks all , I luv ya all just like always. Thanks for the cake FLO.. just a few more days but no candles please. I can't puyrse my lips to blow them out. I'll try tho .
Posted By: David2 Re: Update - 02-14-2012 05:37 PM
Jim, it's great to see you back here! You're my hero.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Update - 02-16-2012 04:04 AM
Hi Jim!

So glad to see you on the forum and your sense of humor was kept intact during your ordeal! Love you a bunch!

Sandy
xoxox
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Update - 02-17-2012 05:20 AM
I think about you often, Jim, & I'm glad to see your great spirit is still at work. Hang in there.
lip-o-suction ... a good one.
Marlene
Posted By: Steve F. Re: Update - 02-18-2012 07:10 AM
Nice to hear an update and great attitude Jim! Keep the positive flow.
Steve
Posted By: walknlite Re: Update - 02-28-2012 12:55 PM
So glad to read this update. I have been thinking about you. Way to keep the positive attitude.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum