My husband was diagonsed in October with Adenosquamous carcinoma of the vocal fold, a very rare agressive cancer, less than 50 sited cases. He had the right vocal fold removed in Nov which left his voice just a hoarse whisper, no real volume. In Jan he had a neck dissection on 1 side which showed cancer in 1 out of 23 nodes so now we are starting down the road of radiation. I didn't have a clue what what involved with getting ready for radiation with just the dentist. Had 2 wisdom teeth removed. Hearing all the side effects of radiation I don't see how I can watch him go through it. Just the pain from his shoulder after the dissection, the sore incision and now the teeth is more than enough for me. How bad will it get, will he feel like traveling 3 hours home for the week-end? He already lost 20 pounds (due to stress and the healthy diet I have him on)and I don't want him to lose more during radiation.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.