Rhart

RELAX - TAKE A DEEP BREATH - okay, now let's talk.
First, oral cancer is indeed something to be scared about.
You are to be congratulated for being aware that any changes in your mouth like you noticed need to be checked out by an ENT.

You will have to excuse me for not being overly concerned that you are awake at night and have lost your appetite since I wake up each and every night drowning in mucous and saliva plus I will never eat again. But I am concerned that you are letting FEAR get the best of you. It's not easy dealing with the anxiety and nervousness between appointments and results and if I had a universal answer on how to deal with it, I'd be very rich and famous. I'm not.
At 27, with your symptoms, even if the worst case scenario happens and you have oral cancer, it will more likely than not be at the earliest stage and treated successfully.
You need to be strong and realize from all the posts here that even if you do have oral cancer, you can have a happy life and it's not the end of the world. Doomsday stuff is just TV melodrama.

Okay, you did not come here for platitudes. So my advice is that if you have any doubt about the ENT telling you it's nothing, then ask the ENT to do a biopsy of your tonsil or a fine needle aspiration of the most swollen part. Hell yeah it may be overkill but only a biopsy tells you whether it's cancer or not. Or get an MRI or a CAT scan.
Seriously, I wish with all my heart and soul that I had gotten a CT or MRI two years earlier when my earache first started. They are not as invasive as a biopsy and if you are so worried that you join an internet forum dedicated to oral cancer patients, then you have a fear that needs to be resolved.
It's probably nothing and you can just let us know with a
"there but for the grace of God go I" post. In the meantime, you should not imagine the worst. Worrying is not going to help anything here nor does it cure cancer. But I know you can't help yourself so I;m going to tell you a cancer survivor secret: you are stronger than you think.
But it couldn't hurt to be extra nice to the people you love.
Hang in there.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13