I have many US friends, and those that are employed staunchly endorse the U.S.'s medical system. Those that are not employed or are continuing to work just to get to a medicare age are not so happy with it. In general however, the feedback I get is that people hold great FEAR of "Universal HealthCare". I don't understand why. I just don't get it, and I would love to find out from a US citizen what their thinking is.

Anyone who would care to enlighten me can send me a PM and we can discuss.

I will, off the top, agree that no system is perfect. I know of horror stories from both sides of the border.

The USA has another election soon, and your Canadian friends have these questions. Anyone care to discuss via PM? I suggest PM as I think this may be an issue which isn't appropriate for the general forum as it has political implications/undertones.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)