Hi yes I was referring to circumen caplets. I know Indians eat turmeric in their cooking and curries, however my naturopath suggested I take it in pill form. Eric here mentioned 400 mg I think in one of his postings, that's the amount I take according to my naturopath and some of the readings I've done the amount in turmeric is much lower as it is a component of turmeric - so it depending on how much you take in daily you may not hit that mark. particularly if you're having eating difficulties like your father is right now. Maybe opening a caplet and throwing it into his food will boost the amount he's getting. Only you know how much he's getting. Also i know I sound like I'm a major vitaminoholic but really I take only 1 vitamin d tablet, 1 circumin tablet, daily - and a zinc every second day. Every morning I have a breakfast smoothie with vegan protein added in (no soy) it's a mix of brown rice, hemp, and pea protein with other goodies, I also throw in half a cup of smoothie juices, (concentrated no sugar added just fresh fruit) and flax oil, a bit of cottage cheese - almond milk (unsweetened) and my own fresh fruit, berries, bananas etc... I get a good 56 gms of protein, it tastes great, it's filling, and It's low glycemic.
Well. I know you have a lot on your plate. Good luck with everything's, and hopefully his health improves over the next month. Take care.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan