Maybe "demand" is a strong word, I'm still on the fence. You felt they weren't listening to you and rushing you in and out. Reading what you wrote this morning irritated me, not listening to you.

I won't hijack your topic, this is where I was coming from using the word demand. My GP left in August I had him for 10 years, wonderful young man. He transferrred me to another Dr. in the same group. In Sept or Oct I always get bronchitis and I get certain meds to take care of it if not I will end up in the hospital with pneumonia. Like clock-work I got bronchitis, went to the new Dr. he didn't listen to me when I told him what meds work, didn't look at my back records, gave me what he pleased, rushed in and out. I guess they are on a time clock to see how many patients they can see in an hour. Went back the second time gave me what he pleased again after asking for the 2 meds that work, went back the third time this time I crawled in to his office with asthmatic bronchitis and walking pneumonia. This is not listening to a patient.

I was as nice as could be when I first noticed the sore on my tongue, then I got the run-around. Five months later I was still getting the run around. I've learned my lesson from all of this if a Dr. isn't going to listen to me I'll move on. If the Dr. had done what he was suppose to do when I first noticed the sore on my tongue I wouldn't have had the ND and only minor surgery.

You are your own best advocate you do what you think is right, you know your body best.

Best Wishes,
Connie

SCC. of the left lateral tongue, anterior two thirds, T1 possibly a T2.
Left partial glossectomy, left selective neck dissection 4/21/09. Nodes clean, No Rad, No Chemo.

CT Scan 9/11 clean, CT Scan 9/12 clean

Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. A+.

My hometown Lockport, NY.