Hi, I'm Laura and my husband was recently diagnosed with SCC of the tonsil extending into the base of his tongue and soft palate. He has bilateral involvement of the nodes but the PET indicates it is confined to the neck region. He is scheduled to undergo 7 weeks of radiation and will have weekly chemo. He is healing from fairly extensive dental work so for now we wait for treatment to begin in earnest.

I am a pediatric nurse so I feel somewhat equipped to deal with the healthcare system and boatloads of medications but am out of my element in terms of adult nursing and oncology.

We have a couple of young kids ages 9 and 11. Feeling pretty crappy right now but everyone on this board can understand that.

CG to husband Stage IV SCC left tonsil 11/11. Mets to 7 nodes on left, 2 on right, no distant mets. PEG, 7 weeks radiation and weekly Cisplatin ended Feb 10, 2012. PET 04/12 areas consistent with inflammation, complete response in nodes. Recurrence 09/13 pulmonary lymphatics. Died 22 Oct following an allergic reaction to Erbitux.