Thanks to everyone for words of encouragement. We were putting a lot of stock in the upcoming PET/CT Dec 5. Now we won't get too worried if there are some false positives. Husband is definitely HPV positive. No chemo. Only radiation.
Why TSH test in next blood work?
Eating: I'm doing my best to get him to eat. He argues w/me. I usually win and he eats as much as he can even tho food does not sound good to him now. He's much pickier than he used to be. But I tell him to reframe his thinking to: How much food can I get in my stomach today? Strive for THE MOST!!!
Thanks for advice about nodal surgery. Not a soul has mentioned that.
He has quit the PEG tube feeding for now since he gets so sick each time he consumes a can of Glucerna 1.5 CAL. Upset stomach. Went a whole week after radiation w/no upset stomach. Cannot figure out why it still hurts. If he could use the PEG to augment his oral feeding, he would gain more weight. Looks very thin. Over 20 lbs lost; not gaining but not losing more. Clothes hang on him.
Back to work for most of the day for the first time in months. Know his clients will be happy.

Becky

CG for husband. Dx 08/11/2011 BOT cancer w/METS to neck lymph node.