Hi there try not to panic!!! I know it's easier said than done - I have ferocious meltdowns occasionally and im cancer free at the moment. smile however we have a saying here - its not cancer until the biopsy says so.
That said do not wait until jan 5 - this has been going on for a very long time - don't let it continue. First off unfortunately I'm not sure if there is anyone here from the Caribbean - I wish I could give you more advice - re the medical system... However I'm at a loss where that is concerned.
But I will tell you to push - research ENTs and find one who is considered very good and has an amazing reputation. Make and appointment with him or her if possible - if you need a referral from your dr. Ask for a referral to this specific person. Call tell them you are desperate and will take any appointment - even a cancellation.
If you cave a comprehensive cancer center where you are or nearby - this is where you want to be seen. Perhaps you can made an appointment directly.

Personally I can't tell you if your symptoms are cancer related - most people claim little or no pain with oral cancer - that's why it's found so late - however I had redness for a few years and a lump inside my tongue. No sores and no swollen lymph nodes until after the biopsy. And the the sore from the biopsy didn't eal all that readily - so there was burning and pain.

I did not have HPV related cancer - and I was told, allergies, sharp tooth, and lichen plans prior to the real diagnosis. often HPV related cancer - is in the tonsil, or not visible as its located deep in the throat (base of tongue) - the kind you see in your mouth is often not HPV (oral tongue, cheek, gum etc...) hopefully you have somethin unrelated - fingers crossed for you try to move up your appointment. And maybe see if your regular dr is able to get a head and neck ct scan - that would be a great head start and give you some answers... Hugs and take care!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan