Hi everyone,
Im here again for a little advice.
Im 47 longtime dipper. Havent chewed in over a year.
I used to put the dip in my upper lip for most of the years.

A couple months ago my upper lip didnt feel right, sore like in the very tip, just off and on. Then about a month ago, it started hurting all the time. I went to the ent, and he said there is nothing he could see that looked troubling.
It is now persistent, and really irritates me when I breath through my mouth, while Im working out or cutting wood. I went back to the ent, I think he thinks Im nuts ( I just may be )
He states there is nothing that looks suspicious. I seen on the nci website that lip cancer can be just pain and numbness with out the sign of a tumor or white patch. It just makes me more paranoid. He said to give it a month. He is supposed to be a good doc, did a round at rochester, and has seen lots of cancer. Now even the tip of my tounge seems numb. Its odd that where I chewed would be painful like that . I guess Im just looking for some backup as to what to do. Im alone, lost my wife a year and a half ago. Im on disability and have all day to sit and worry about this. Im trying hard not too.
Thanks for any replies

Dave

Last edited by 4real; 10-13-2011 09:24 AM.