Spent my first day back home; what a great feeling. I hate long stays in the hospital. I have decided to go to the University of Michigan first next week as MDACC can't see me until late in the week which is when I am already scheduled for U of M. I'll do a follow up at MDACC after that. We will be watching the spots on the lungs for now as another biopsy is probably not a good idea given all the trouble and the inconclusive nature of the last one and the collapsed lung.

The pain now is getting to the point where I just want them to get rid of this lymph node any way possible. It is growing inward and pressing on all kinds of nerves. Woke up this morning and it felt like someone had hit me on the side of the head with a sledge hammer. They gave me lots of pain meds and I was able to get that under control fairly quickly and am now going to go on a schedule to keep ahead of the pain.
I think I am just starting to understand the situation that EZJim has been experiencing these past few years (buddy I have no idea how you have been able to stay so positive).
I am now just hoping that this is one bad lymph node that we can get with a ND. That surgery sounded so scary up until I started in with this pain. Now it looks like a god send if it will kill off this pain.

Scan showed no other nodes involved so I figure they will take most on that side and we can be done with that part of it. I�ll have to worry about re-radiating the area and may just do intense chemo.

I guess its all speculation anyway as the pros from Dover have not had a chance to look me over yet. Its unbelievable how for back that collapsed lung sent me.

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR
12-3-12 PET - CLEAR