Finally out of hospital after 5 days. I'll be checking in with M.D. Anderson and U of M on Friday to see who can see me first.

I'll have to start on the cancer positive lymph node in the neck first and worry about the lungs as time moves on. Although they could not get a good sample from the lung and the one they did get was negative, I'll have to protect against the worst (and still hope for the best). My brother is heading down to M.D.A. for follow ups and I am praying for the best for him (he has 3 kids).

Life is really tough these days. The tumor in my neck is throwing off a lot of pain and I just want it gone, but they don't want to do anything substantial until they get the lungs figured out

My extended family is freaking out about my brother and looking to me for answers as I have been through this before and I got nothing.

On top of all that my company just got offered the biggest deal in its short history and the CEO (me) just took a three month medical leave of absence.
Oh well, venting tonight, tomorrow is a new day. I still have life in these tired bones and plan on fully exhausting them before I leave this mortal coil.
As bad as I feel, I still am completely convinced that I and my brother will prevail and die of either old age or pulling some stupid stunt like we did back in high school (may need to buy a 68 GTO for that).

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR
12-3-12 PET - CLEAR