[quote=Maria]We're all pulling for you, Venkat. You're going to get through this and heal. I think in some ways it's worse if you are young and haven't had a lot of physical misery yet.[/quote]
In one way, you are right in saying, being a healthy individual without any major ailment so far upto 34 years, make me emotionally very anxious about all bad things happening to my mouth. Now the thrush seems to be even weakening the gums..they seem to suggest tissue around them is reddening, which I never experienced before. All sorts of microbes seem to enjoy the sticky saliva. Every day, new things are showing up.

[quote=Maria]
Do you like reading? If you like science fiction, you might like Charles Stross' work. It is very engaging, and takes you right into another world. I don't remember where I heard it, but someone described the idea of carrying an emotional and medical burden like it was a physical one. If you hold a weight in your hand, eventually it will seem impossible, and painful to carry. If you can put it down for a bit, and rest, you will be able to pick it up and carry on again. Books, music, meditiation - all let you put the burden down for a time.[/quote]
I typically read less from books...may be this internet thing has killed the reading. I did take a spiritual book today and read for a while. Played with my little kid for a while. Anyways, let me stick around for sometime and see if things improve.

- Age 34 at DX 4th June 2011, Non-smoker, Non-alcoholic
- SCC on lateral right border of tongue, T1-N0,
- Surgery done to remove tumor on tongue
- RND to remove 9 lymph nodes, no MET(s)
- 3 weekly cycles of 50 mg cisplation chemo
- IMRT RAD 30 exposures, still 11 more to go