Shelly,

Welcome to OCF, glad you found us, sorry you had to my dear.

Generally younger non smokers/drinkers are found to be HPV+ as HPV is now the leading cause of Oral Cancer. PETs are notorious for false positives so I wouldn't get to worked up over the hotspots and just wait for the biopsy results.

What I would say is that in the present political environment a person without a tongue would probably be more welcomed then the forked tongued manipulators the voting public is used to, so don't count yourself out, it's all on how you spin it. Plus there are many here that have had total glossectomys and do very well speaking with work. I've never been one to accept limitations without extreme testing smile

Anyway, keep your spirits up and welcome to these forums! You'll find great information and support, we are a pretty tight knit community here.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.