J got an "all clear" on his MRI results today. We are thankful that he does not have cancer...and never did.

I am thankful for 2nd opinions. If it wasn't for the Oral Cancer Foundation Forum, we wouldn't have known where to turn to get that 2nd opinion. Since he went through some life and body changing things (unnecessary tonsillectomy, had four healthy teeth pulled, had 2 of the 8 weeks of prescribed Erbitux therapy, and two doses of radiation from the tip of his nose to his spine), the OCF website and forum provided information and support to help us get through what was looking to become quite a difficult experience. The OCF has been a godsend to us for which I am truly grateful.

Most of all, I am thankful for all the friends I have made while participating on the forum and the kindness, information, laughter, and support generously given to me over the past 7 months. You are more than friends; you are family. I will be with you all in spirit in the fight against this monster disease.

I wish all of you and the people you love great health and great happiness.

Sandy

Ex-spouse MISDIAGNOSED with SCC-HN IVa 12/10. Tonsils out 1/11. 4 teeth out 2/11. TX Erbitux x2, IMRT x2 2/11. 2nd opinion-benign BCC-NOT CANCER 3/11. TX stopped 3/11. New doctors 4/11. ENT agrees with 2nd opinion 5/11. ENT scoped him-all clear 7/11. Ordered MRI anyway. MRI 8/22/11 Result-all clear.