I am not strong. I am weak. I am not a patient. I am a carer who is married to a patient. I love him dearly. I got punished for caring for him by losing a job I loved. They say everything happens for a reason. Maybe so. But he, like all patients, did not deserve oral cancer or any other type of cancer. I did not deserve to be treated as I was at my place of employment. I am a bit angry with the universe at the moment. Sorry for sounding so negative. I don't mean to. My husband is not a positive person, and when he is down, his energy takes over me. Not his fault, I let it...I think. I don't know if I could go through treatment as all patients have. That is why I am not strong. If I could take the cancer away from all of you, believe me, I would. You are all inspirational, but I struggle to pick up your inspiration. You are all my heros......

Jeanna
Wife/Carer of Rod, 56, Dx 5/3/09, SCC Oropharnyx T4 N2, End Tx 28th 07/09, 7wks Rad, 3 Cisplatin, primary tonsil, 4cm Lymph right of neck, 1cm left, in jaw & soft palate & base of tongue. Peg 06/09. CT & PET scans 02/11 - NED. Dentures 20/09/11, PEG out 28/10/11.