Hey sorry you're in pain... Your meds should make it easier to eat - if not try a protien shake ir two... Try to make it room temperature. It will fill you up and help you heal. Try to avoid sugar... Not good for you - make the shake fresh. You can toss in fruit juces and milk or soy milk. Fresh fruit and protein powder. Good luck and please - I know you're not necessarily close to a cancer center but go for a second opinion. The usual treatment for tongue cancer : biopsy, initial diagnosis, MRI, CT, PET scan one or all of the above. I had an MRI and CT canada is not a fan of PET SCANS. surgery - removal of the tumor, and possibly a neck dissection dependent on your dr. and scan results. All tissues are sent for biopsy, results, will determine radiation, and or chemo.
Since you've been diagnosed with microscopic cancer, and it's been removed your results will determine the rest of your care, but a scan is important this cancer can be aggressive, even microscopic... I know people who've had a small tumor, but still had it in their lymph nodes. Good luck!

Last edited by Cheryld; 07-22-2011 02:35 PM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan