The HPV was diagnosed on side of tongue 3 years age just from their seeing it all along the side of my tongue. I have had HPV growths in other places. Currently who is doing the procedure is an ent. He said that witha the co2 laser they are able to get sections of the tissue to analyze. Dr, First thought it was lichen planus since it was such a small area that was causing pain. The biopsy showed that the cells in the own area are right around the line which crosses over into the microinvasive carcinoma. Would it have been better preventative if they took the HPV off 3 years ago? They have not tested me for HPV to see what type I have. You are recommending a scan what type? Is there any other treatment I should get. Since I got the pain I have not been feeling well but I also have a severe anxiety disorder. What are your recommendations and what do you think my prognosis would be. What should I do to improve that. Can cancer be in my system now even at the microinvasicve level? How do I determine this I was asking for bloodwork etc Thanks