Holy cow Israel - you have not had a good year have you? You are so young and you've been through so much. I bet it seems like once you think you're over a hurdle there's another one right in front of you. In some ways that's true - we're always getting ready for the next obstacle with this disease and being able to physically, mentally and emotionally manage it all is really hard.
I too feel like my friends and family don't understand sometimes - they just want me to be better and forget all the bad stuff that happened and pretend that there's no way it'll come back. It's kind of a form of denial if you think about - something they maybe have to do to protect themselves - kind of makes it hard on us though! I found that this site really helps me to chat with people who "get" me - I go to a head & neck cancer support group once a month at the hospital which helps too. You're not alone - but I'm not sure that anyone can really understand what you've been through like someone who's been through it. So welcome to this site - I'm glad you found us and hope that you don't feel as alone as you did before you found us!

P.S. - you have every reason to feel frustrated - this SUCKS! Do you have the results from your PET yet? Finger's crossed for clear results!

Jennifer (39)
02/10 SCCa Tongue & Base, HPV-
03/10 Partial Glossectomy & ND 11/10 Revision due to additional nodes 12/20-2/2/11 IMRT & concommitant chemo 2/11 PEG in 3/11 PEG out
Back at work and feeling good 03/24/11!
12/20/11 - 9 month f/u PET/CT - all clear!