Hi,

I would appreciate any input from others who may have experienced conflicting input regarding chemo. By way of background, I recently underwent tongue resection and neck dissection. My signature below provides some detail regarding my pathology results.

My surgeon suggested that I will need both radiation and chemo. However in meeting with a local oncologist at OHSU (Portland, OR) he believes that only radiation is sufficient. Since these are two conflicting opinions, I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to break the tie. Needless to say I am happy if I do not need chemo, but at the same time I want to go through it if it increases the odds of long-term success.

Thanks in advance for any comments or pointers. I love this forum and hope to contribute when I am through my treatments.

Chetan
SCC, lateral tongue, age 53, Tongue resection & neck dissection 5/6/11; T1N2BM0, RTX (35 sessions starting 6/8/11)/chemo (3x starting 6/10/11) Last cisplatin 7/22. RTX complete 7/27. PEG in 6/9/11, out 8/31/11