So it looks like it ranges from spreading lesions, to individual lesions that just don't heal (among many others). That was the main thing that has given me so much worry is the fact that this sore was here for so long and just never healed. I admit that when it felt like a "swolen taste bud" that I would bite at it with my teeth as I have had them before and they seemed to go away. This one was obviously different. I made an honest effort to not bother it so it would heal and it just would not heal.

Anyhow I go today in the afternoon to see the results. I am hoping for the best. I thank you who posted support. It means a lot to someone who is a mess with worry. I am due to visit my family back home this memorial day weekend and I am hoping that I can just bring a few gifts and not any bad news. Not even sure I'd tell them right away if it were bad. I think I would enjoy the visit with them and handle the news portion later.

Last night I was checking on my sutures and noticed I have a raised area in the back of my tongue...way back there. It appeared to be swollen with a bit of white on the top. I couldn't tell if the white was food or part of the tongue as I couldn't get a good look that far back. I'll have to mention it to my ENT.

I think the waiting is probably the hardest part as it just does a number on ones nerves.

I want to say that everyone here is a hero to share their experience and support with others who are in a bad spot whether it be waiting on a diagnosis or hoping for remission. You all are an invaluable part of humanity and I am greatful to have found this forum. Negative or positive, I will definitely continue to show my support for this site and its people.