Yes eat as much and as often as you can now and during Tx try to consume appx 2500 cals and 48 oz of water EACH AND EVERY DAY.

See your regular dentist asap, assuming you have teeth left, so you can get Fluoride trays.

Most of us didn't feel the Tx effects until about the 4th week or in your case right after chemo #2.

I assume you will be getting Cisplatin so a pre Tx hearing test is in order as Cis can cause hearing loss. Along that line if you do start to hear "ringing" in your ears advise your chemo doc ASAP. You can be switched to Carboplatin to avoid the hearing issues.

Welcome and please use this site often as we can be one of your most valuable tools during this Tx.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.