Hi! Congratulations on your two year milestone! It sounds like you have had a mandibulectomy? You are in good company on OCF since there are members here who have had that procedure and are generous with their understanding, support and guidance.

Handling the "business end" of this disease can be frustrating--insurance, providers, hospitals. I hope your insurance company allows your doctors to finish treating your oral cancer--to me, teeth should be considered part of the deal.

I don't think it would be normal if what you've been through didn't affect how you feel about your appearance. Please do not feel ashamed of those feelings. By doing just a little exploring in various places on the OCF forum, you'll find that your feelings are completely normal.

You have lots of spirit and such a great attitude, I'm sure you will be pushing oral cancer into the background in no time at all.

Take care!

Sandy

Ex-spouse MISDIAGNOSED with SCC-HN IVa 12/10. Tonsils out 1/11. 4 teeth out 2/11. TX Erbitux x2, IMRT x2 2/11. 2nd opinion-benign BCC-NOT CANCER 3/11. TX stopped 3/11. New doctors 4/11. ENT agrees with 2nd opinion 5/11. ENT scoped him-all clear 7/11. Ordered MRI anyway. MRI 8/22/11 Result-all clear.