No, I don't have anger toward everyone associated with my treatment. That would be ridiculous. Most of the nurses I've encountered have been wonderful. I bear them absolutely no ill will. Quite the opposite. I gave cards and gifts to the nurses directly involved with my IMRT treatments. They were terrific. It was probably a mistake to even mention the one time I had to wait an hour for no reason. It seems petty or as though I'm fixated on it. But there were a half dozen other ridiculous little occurrences that I didn't also cite. The net effect was exasperation at a sometimes bizarre lack of consideration. I felt like I had to cite one of them and that was maybe the easiest one to recount briefly.

Probably a better one was the time I visited with the ENT doctor and he said that upon leaving I should have the woman at the front desk schedule either the CT scan I had or the PET scan, I forget which it was. So, I left him, went out front and told her what the doctor had told me. She typed a bit on the computer and then said that the appointment wasn't going through to the office a few miles away where they did the scans, for whatever reason. I asked what I should do then. She told me to wait a week. I thought this was awfully vague. Weren't these scans more tightly scheduled than that? "No," she informed me. "They'll call you in a week to schedule it." I looked down at the phone on her desk inches from her hand. "Couldn't you just call them now?" I suggested. "They'll call you in a week!" she declared more forcefully before adding "Next!" to bring along another peasant. I'm not sure why anyone needs a week to gear up to make any phone call. I regret not standing there and politely demanding that she take 30 seconds of her time so that I didn't lose a week of mine. But I didn't. We would never treat people like that in the company for which I work and we only do civil engineering and land surveying work not try to heal sick people. There was just too much bizarre lack of consideration at points in the process.

As for bearing tremendous enmity towards the doctor who, really, misrepresented both himself and the treatment I underwent. I think I would be insane if I did not feel this way toward him.

Last edited by JamesinMA; 03-30-2011 05:33 PM.