Hi, I'm new to the forum but had been reading it for a while and had been using the OCF website for info as well. I am the Partner/Girlfriend/Best Friend/Caregiver to my boyfreind of 4 years.
We were conviced, and so were his doctors, that he had been "cured" with the first round of treatments which were aggressive and extensive. Now his doctors seem to have written him off as a lost cause and I am pissed. We are looking for trials, anything, to save his life but we are starting to not lose hope exactly, but gain some perspective and accept that he may die from this thing. It's not fair. He was the healthiest, health nut I had ever met (never drank alcohol or caffeine, never smoked or got high), he loves life and lives it so well. It just drives me crazy that he has to go through this.

Nis CG to Ry (37) Dx Aug 2010 p16(+)T4aN1 postlateral tongue-retromolar trigone-tonsillar fossa well differentiated SCC, reconstructed with free flap and post operative chemoradiation (cisplatin 3x). Recurrence Dx Feb 2011 tx Taxotere and Erbitux.