Posted By: LuvMyRy New to Forum - 03-27-2011 06:12 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum but had been reading it for a while and had been using the OCF website for info as well. I am the Partner/Girlfriend/Best Friend/Caregiver to my boyfreind of 4 years.
We were conviced, and so were his doctors, that he had been "cured" with the first round of treatments which were aggressive and extensive. Now his doctors seem to have written him off as a lost cause and I am pissed. We are looking for trials, anything, to save his life but we are starting to not lose hope exactly, but gain some perspective and accept that he may die from this thing. It's not fair. He was the healthiest, health nut I had ever met (never drank alcohol or caffeine, never smoked or got high), he loves life and lives it so well. It just drives me crazy that he has to go through this.
Posted By: Gerri Re: New to Forum - 03-27-2011 11:38 AM
I feel for you and hate to see yet another suffering--there are too many! This forum is a great resource. My husband is participating in this Clinical Trial http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01081041?term=LY2939777&rank=1. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love go through this. Stay strong and take care.
Posted By: David2 Re: New to Forum - 03-27-2011 04:52 PM
All I can offer is support and good thoughts and a virtual hug. I really hope you can find a trial that will help. It sounds as though you both have a great deal of inner strength.

david2
Posted By: ZendaT Re: New to Forum - 03-27-2011 05:27 PM
I am a proponent of clinical trials and I do hope that you will locate one that will offer Ry extended quality of life. My experience with clinical trials began in 2005 with my initial diagnosis and I am now participating in my third trial. In fact, Erbitux was my clinical trial drug in 2005. If you have not done so, check www.clinicaltrials.gov for a comprehensive list. Hope and acceptance as a mantra guide me daily. Continue on your path of mutual support and courage.
Posted By: EzJim Re: New to Forum - 03-29-2011 12:08 AM
Why is it yur Drs are writing him off? Did they do more biopsirs and find OC again? I can't find out from your post as it says nothing.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New to Forum - 03-29-2011 01:10 PM
Welcome to OCF! Hope we can help you. What about taking him to a cancer center for another opinion? Has he had a biopsy with a confirmed recurrence?

http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/resources/cancer_centers.htm
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum