Hi all! Im new to this, so bare with me, please. Back on February 28th I was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Buccal Carcinoma. I will be going in for surgery on March 31st (this coming Thursday). My tumor (5cm x 5cm) has started, well, has come through to the outside of my cheek from the inside. I will be having a flapectomy (SP?) and neck dissection as they think it has gone into two lymph nodes but not sure as the tumor has blocked saliva glands and the perotid gland and cause infections over and over again, and is how I basically found out that I had cancer. The infection returned the day before yesterday but is slowly decreasing again. Thats why they are not sure if it is cancer in my lymph nodes or infection. I was told that I would be in the hospital 5 to 7 days, have a feeding tube, and a possible trach, depending upon the swelling. Post surgery they said I will be receiving 7 weeks of radiation - 5 days a week. They wont know about chemo until the lymph nodes are looked at. But just wanted to say HELLO to everyone and just wanted to kind of know what to expect, please.