Jerry/Mike,

I will tell all my women friends to hug their dentists next time they go in for a check up and OC screen. wink

I've never had a bad dentist, however, I can not tolerate that drilling sound. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. My dentist knows me well. Based on the look on my face and the death grip on his chair, there are hygentists who wonder if I'm ok and if we should take a break during a procedure.

But, my denetist knows that if we stop for a break the whole thing will take longer so he assures the hygienists that I'm fine and they need to keep moving along. He's totally right on that front.

The smells and the sounds, are very hard for me to stomach. Plus they keep their office way too cold for me year round. A problem that I often have in office buildings. I'm lucky I have pretty good teeth. Just several really old cavities that have had to be replaced recently. So, yeah! No more mercury fillings in my mouth. And, hopefully the swelling will go down tomorrow before I head off to work.

My dentist is always asking about Dan and recommending products to help him along.

This last time he suggested a liquid silver compound that can be gargled with and swallowed. I have several pages of print outs he provided to read. Plus he's always giving me samples of things for Dan to try to ease even the tiniest of discomfort.

Our current area of concern is his throat. Since most things are a swish and spit, he thinks Dan's throat could heal better if he could swish and swallow with the liquid silver. Do either of you dentist have familiarity with this?

Both our family doc and dentist have been great supporting players full of compassion and care as we have moved through the CCC process. We feel pretty blessed.

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.