Hi rebel - sorry you have to be here... But there are a lot of wonderful people here who can help. Read some of the postings - they will give you information about what to expect, with regards to surgery and recovery and any possible treatments that may be in your future. Inform yourself, write down any questions you have when you go see the surgeon. I know it's terrifying - but educating yourself will help. There are a lot of great people here who will answer your questions, and lend an ear.
I too was diagnosed with tongue cancer on the 20 th of December. I am 4 weeks out of surgery where they removed 1/2 of my tongue and 40 lymph nodes. The next step for me is radiation and chemo in 2 weeks. It's not an easy road, but there are people who've been through it before And they can help. Take care and good thoughts coming your way.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan