Rebel6211:

Sounds like you are about 2 months behind me in this journey. I had surgery to replace 1/2 my tongue on January 3rd 2011 and am doing pretty good all things considered. I have a gastro (PEG) tube and would not give it up even though I am eating soft foods, pudding, ice cream, etc. and can now drink and swallow most liquids. Let us know how your appt with the surgeon went (today ?).

This site is wonderful and full of much good info and invaluable support from some very brave people who have been thru this and much more and have blazed a trail for the rest of us to follow.

stay in touch. Where are u in wisconsin ? I am pretty close to Wisc/ILL border.... maybe an hour away.

Also -- NO QUESTION IS TOO SILLY TO ASK. these people are great and if one person doesn't know the answer, someone else will get back to you or tell you where you can go to get more info.

Ingrid K
from Illinois
(Facebook name: Ingrid Kardynalski in Huntley, IL

DX 12/6/10 of T3 SCC Tongue.
Surgery 1/3/11 was hemigloss & forearm free flap, midline mandibulectomy, Neck Disection-All nodes clear.
Ended rads 5/11/11. Taste buds back to about 80%. PEG removed 4/5/12, experimenting eating real food again. If I can do this, so can you !! Stay Strong.