Thank you Brian and Zengalib..I am so happy to have you guys pick me up every time this illness kicks me in the guts. It sucks to have this disease! But, in saying that, it has also brought me new friends who give me incredible support.

Brian, you are right with surgery only treatment. After my operation, I did a lot of research on recurrence rates and found that in cases of buccal mucosa cancers, surgery alone showed an increase in recurrences while combination therapy had better prognosis.

So, here I am again trying to get my battle armour on and fight this with everything that I have. I am not looking at prognosis anymore...there is ample proof here on this site that shows me people survive this cancer all the time...and as mentioned above, I will find my "new normal" and my happy will definitely be back :-)

Liza

SCC of the Buccal Mucosa (R cheek)- T1N0M0.10 hour Surgery on 27/9/10 involving resection with freeflap from radial forearm..clear margins. Neck dissection..negative nodes.Trachy, NGT, no rad or chemo needed at the time. Neck lump positive for SCC..again! MND 14/2/11. Waiting to have chemo and rads