Len, adding my welcome and sorry you're here. But it's a great place for support and knowledge and everyone is wonderful.

I was prescribed Caphosol too and used it diligently. I suppose it helped but frankly I don't know for sure. I can assume it would have been worse without it. I do know that's it was very expensive.

I never heard the term magic mouthwash until I got on this forum a month or so after my treatment. I was prescribed viscous lidocaine for mouth numbing. It was only partially effective, so maybe the MM is a better bet. But you're getting the PEG tube so this won't be as pressing an issue for you - although please be sure to drink lots of water. I'll let those who've had the PEG offer you guidance on that, ditto on the specific cancer type you have.

There are different makes and models of creams and gels for radiation burning. I don't happen to be acquainted with Radiaplex. I used Miaderm, and then toward the end when the burns were more severe Silver Sulfadiazine, which is great stuff.

Being scared is normal, I know I don't have to tell you that. But it sounds to me as though you have a good team in place and you're doing everything right. We are all here to support you.

Be sure you ask for any pain medication you need. Don't skimp on that! Also anti-nausea meds. My doc put me on Zofran right off the bat but I found it never did much for me. Compazine was eventually something that I found effective.

You've been to the dentist, right?

Courage - you'll get through this!
David2

PS eat eat eat eat!

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18