Hi Len: I can't help you with your diagnosis because my tonsil cancer is squamous cell, but I did want to welcome you to this site, though I wish neither one of us had to be here. I am a newbie, too, only diagnosed a month or so ago. (A series of different diagnoses until the last biopsy and tonsillectomy revealed the primary tumor in the left tonsil.) And yeah, getting my tonsils out was the worse pain I have ever felt. I started radiation and chemo this past Monday. The chemo wiped me out but I am getting a little more energy back this weekend. Good luck in your search for answers. We are practically going through this together. I hope I can be of some help. -Michelle

SCC left tonsil, stage IV, HPV+, metastatic to one lymph node. Biopsy 12/23/10; tonsillectomy 1/13/11; DX 1/25/11; Peg in 1/28/11. Peg out 6/29. TX 1/31/11-3/21/11: 35 IMRT plus 3 Cisplatin. Pet-Scan 6/20/11 = CLEAR! Three years out, learning to live with the long-term side effects of radiation while reminding myself to feel blessed.