I have read most of it, and I know your pain, which is very sad. I was almost done with nursing school when i was diagnosed. I had one clinical left and then i would have been able to test.
And man did it just tear me up inside to see these "trained" hospital personnel keep making these mistakes, and I would try to help them, cuz i knew they were always short staffed, and they would either blow me off and do it wrong anyways, or they would just walk away and leave me sitting there needing help.

One nurse even took my call light away because I kept telling her my trachea was burning cuz i had vomited, and doc said if i had vomited there was a protocol to follow, and she refused to do it. So i kept pushing my button and the 5th time of me pushing it, she came in and shut it off and said "there isn't anything I can do for you maam!" and hung my call button up on my curtain so it was out of my reach. And when shift change hit, my little notebook had 3 full pages for the poor next nurse to read, and I was in tears and having an anxiety attack and had vomited on myself 2 more times, but because previous nurse had took my call button away and i couldn't stand up cuz all the tubes, i had no choice.

It just breaks my heart to know that people have to go through stuff like that.

I know a lot of the things that were not being done, or done wrong for me was my poor nurses were always running short, and often had 4-6 patients in ICU.

But because I didn't advocate hard enough, I ended up with a staph infection in my neck incision, and cdiff when they put my peg tube in.

I am hoping i never have to go back, and if i do, i am going prepared.

Hope you never have to go through this again either and good luck with everything!!

25/female at diagnosis
Dx;stage 3 SCC tongue 03/25/2010
Surgery 04/13/2010
Trach,ng tube, peg feeding tube
Hemiglossectomy, right side neck dissection, 40 lymph nodes removed. Free-Flap transplant to tongue.
30 rounds IMRT ended July 15,2010