Hello Mark
Thanks for your reply.
Today I decided to try and find a great doctor. I looked up Duke University and ENT's that graduated from Duke within driving distance. I found a doctor that I was so excited about, 100 miles away.
When I called for an appointment I was told he recently retired. The doctor I was referred to in my area also just retired as my own primary doctor retired three years ago that I loved and trusted.
So if anyone knows of a good doctor within a hundred miles os Asheville, NC.
I do have the HPV virus for ten years but have never had an oral outbreak. The lump has been there over a year and has not grown and no pain but the other symptoms have progressed for several weeks.
I took photos this evening and I used Flicker with a different name and only photos of the mouth so hope it is ok to post.
I know no one can dx anything but just wonder if this looks like anything anyone else has had.
MY symptoms are difficulty swallowing, hoarse at times, tongue swelling, red tonsils and the Oesaphagus .....according to ent, inner ear pain, jaw pain, weight loss,sinus/nose pain .
It feels like I have strep throat, mumps and toothache all at once. I'm pretty miserable.
I know none of this is anything compared to what some are going through and I apologize for making such a fuss over this.Usually I find the strength to deal with tough things once I know what it is I'm facing it's just the unknown that scares me so much.
Well here are the photos and the ent said everything looked normal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12572982@N07/?saved=1

Thanks again.........