Jim,
I am sorry that your feeling so down. I have been here for a just a little over 1 year and your one of the constants around here. I always look forward to reading your posts and hearing your bits of strength and wisdom. Is it possible for you to get a feeding tube? I know my worst days have been when I was so hungry and weak from not enough nutrition. I am sorry about your kids also, I hope I never let my folks down. They are and have alsways been my strength, My focus right now is to help them in these late years and be there for them. Unfortunately, when I was younger, I didn't always see just how much they needed me. I too was really busy working and trying to raise a family. Hopefully your kids will open their eyes and see how important it is to be here for you right now. Take care. Hopefully when this upcomming surgery is over you will feel better. I get so scared and gloomy when I have surgery's and such happening.

Wendy
46yrs@ DX 9/16/09 T1N0 SCC of leftlat tongue, poorly differentiated.Partial glosectomy 10/01/09 & 10/16/09 & 11/10/09 60-70% tongue removed, Radical fff, 38 nodes-clear, no rads/chemo. 3 petscans-clear